Vacancy – part-time Project and Policy Officer
HOSPEEM, the European Hospital and Healthcare Employers’ Association, is currently seeking a part-time Project and Policy Officer, to start as soon as possible.
HOSPEEM is recognised as the EU sectoral social partner in the hospital sector by the European Commission and represents the interests of European not-for-profit employers in healthcare.
Purpose of the role
The Project and Policy Officer will work as an integral part of the HOSPEEM Secretariat in Brussels. They provide support to the Board and the Daily Manager, as well as the Secretariat staff and HOSPEEM Members to represent the interests of European hospital employers in the field of labour market and industrial relations, occupational Health and safety, professional development and life-long learning.
Draft, implement and report of EU-funded projects together with the other HOSPEEM staff members
- Monitor & desk research on EU policy developments and policies important to HOSPEEM in the field of employment and health, supporting the full-time Policy Officer
- Consult members and prepare positions in the field of skills, in coordination with the Policy Officer Support the activities of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for the Hospital and Healthcare Sector with the Trade Union counterpart
- Provide support in coordinating with relevant EU stakeholders and explore new partnerships. Provide support to organise, plan and report of HOSPEEM meetings and events, to coordinate agendas, to update contact database, to file and archive, to schedule travels and accommodations, and on issues arising as requested.
- Regular communication with a Europe-wide network of hospital employers
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant work experience in organizing project activities and/or policy work (at least 1 year)
- Team player with a flexible and pro-active attitude
- Good knowledge of EU institutions, European affairs and EU decision making processes
- Interest in the healthcare sector
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, good knowledge of other European languages is a strong asset
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Competent in intercultural communication & very good listening skills
- Interest in European Social Dialogue process and industrial relations
- Good computer skills
Multitasking, flexibility, openness, and ability to work independently as well as in team are skills essential for this post.
- You will work on a day-to-day basis with members who are senior managers in the European healthcare sector. This will require diplomatic skills.
General employment details:
Part-time permanent contract under Belgian law
- 18h per week
- Based in Brussels, Belgium
- Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium
Please send an application letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 9 May 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the course of May and interviews will be held in Brussels on 17 May 2023, 24 May 2023 and 30 May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please refrain from telephone inquiries.