HOSPEEM-EPSU Project 2017-2018 on effective recruitment and retention policies
In 2017-2018 HOSPEEM and EPSU have been provided with financial support from the European Commission for a joint project in the field of recruitment and retention entitled: “Promoting effective recruitment and retention policies for health workers in the EU by ensuring access to CPD and healthy and safe workplaces supportive of patient safety and quality care” (01.02.2017-01-01-2019).
The project provided an appropriate framework to continue to focus on continuing professional development (CPD) as a first joint policy priority for HOSPEEM and EPSU. The work served to collect, discuss and evaluate social partner-based initiatives and policy measures on a range of aspects linked to the aim of facilitating access to CPD and guaranteeing quality services supportive of patient safety and provided by a workforce fit for practice. It will build on the HOSPEEM-EPSU Joint Declaration on Continuing Professional Development and Life-Long Learning for All Health Workers in the EU.
The project was secondly geared towards the follow-up to results and recommendations of the HOSPEEM-EPSU joint project (2014-2016) in the field of occupational safety and health (OSH). The prevention, management and reduction of “musculoskeletal disorders” (MSD) and “psychosocial risks and stress at work” (PSRS@W) have been identified by HOSPEEM and EPSU members as two key priorities for their future joint work. In June 2016 they agreed on a “Summary Document” – available in EN, FR, DE, ES, RU and SV, setting out a number of follow-up activities to support policy implementation EPSU and HOSPEEM have agreed to consider in a next step
- 1 & 22 February 2017, Brussels: Meeting of HOSPEEM and EPSU Secretariats
- 28 February 2017, Brussels: Kick-off meeting of the Steering Groups 1(CPD) & 2(OSH)
- 19-20 June 2017, Amsterdam: Social partners’ conference on CPD, Amsterdam
- 10 October 2017, Brussels: Meeting of Steering Group 1 (CPD)
- 11 October 2017, Brussels: Meeting of Steering Group 2 (OSH)
- 23-24 May, Vilnius: Social partners’ conference on OSH, Vilnius
- 5 April 2018, Brussels: Meeting of the Steering Group 2 (OSH)
- 12 November 2018, Brussels: Meeting of the Steering Group 1 (CPD) & 2 (OSH)
- 03 December 2018, Brussels: Social partners’ dissemination workshop on OSH and CPD, European Parliament
The project produced a report from each conference and a brief document summarising the main insight, conclusions and recommendations of the project. The information collected, the project results and recommendations will be fed back into the regular work of the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for the hospital/health care sector (SSDC HS) to be further discussed and assessed, in particular in view of their use to influence EU-level policy making.
Conference on Occupational Health and Safety (Musculoskeletal Disorders and Psychosocial Risks and Stress at work), 23-24 May 2018
EPSU also has set up a page with the project-related information.This project has received funding from the European Commission